Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Kicking, Bucking and the like!

Muffins!

Nah.. just me doing something different than 'Hey Everypony'

Lion here with an update!

Like Spirit said in the previous post, we're going ahead.  While there are not many shots left, which is good, one of the longest and most difficult is left to do.  I'll be starting it momentarily but do have corrections to do in several shots for Luna's mane.  As unruly as it is and despite the general looks there are some places where.. it looks flat and falls short of being flowy.

So that's my next task: RULE LUNA'S MANE!  Or.. y'know.. make it behave like I want >.>

Some of you managed to sneak on my stream some time ago and saw how much is done already and for the shot that I was working on, I have a Screencap here.



Of course, the effects are yet to be added for several reasons.  One of which, instead of stopping my animating to have a complete render, I will just move on to the next order of the day and do FX in the order it is supposed to go in: After production.

those of you still sketpical as to if she drops the children in the night?  This should clarify :)

 All in all, progress being made, another shot to add to the 'done' list and another one starts.

Bit more patience everyone, its getting done.

-Lion

15 comments:

  1. The shot looks amazing. I've seen your stream and how much attention you pay for every detail so every frame looks perfect.
    You should consider picking out some of the best shots from the movie, when it's finished, and posting them and HD-wallpapers. I'm definitely saving this picture ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good screenshot if there ever was one!

    Glad to see the project is progressing well, I can't wait for the final video. But I will, and I know it'll be awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same mistake that happened many times in the show: cutiemark on inner thigh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. I am going to take care of correcting that. This is due to the puppet fishing technique...

      Delete
  4. Oh wow what a beautiful shot! I havent been able to drop in on any streams and I have to admit... i have mixed feelings about attending them lol! I would love to see your process but at the same time I dont want any spoilers XD I cant wait to see this baby come together! Is there any chance you can post some animation process vids after you post the final product?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a problem since we haven´t recorded any. It would require some planning.

      Delete
  5. So exciting! This looks indistinguishable in quality from a hi-res Disney screenshot or the like. Mmm, dat sweepy swirly sky.

    One niggle: a couple of the foals (white and pink and Trixie-coloured in particular) look rather like they're standing on air.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been following this project since the beginig, and...well things hapend and I leave the fandom, my mother was very excited about this, and...well here I am because of her. Luna was also the reason why I started watching MLP so who knows... maybe you guys are going to do such an amazing work that I may even get back in to the fandom, keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  7. Youtube performs compression on uploaded videos. Therefore I make a humble request: make available a high quality version of the video when you get around to posting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The video will be available in maximal quality. We realized that before we even started the project. For now, even the audio could be considered a placeholder, we will try to deliver the best quality with the most facilities.

      Delete
  8. Keep up the great work, easily the most anticipated fan animation to my eyes.

    ~Frost

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your work is amazing, I love it !
    *Gives muffins*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks amazing so far! I can't wait for it to be done :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks amazing. Been fallowing this since around december. Can't wait. :3

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! I can't contain my excitement!

    ReplyDelete