Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Progress post

Hello there everypony. Spirit here, with your nightly report.

I have been receiving some messages and emails lately, and I find it necessary to write a post about the matter.

Many people is asking for a release date for CotN,  and/or information:

How long till it's done?
How is it progressing?
When is the ERD?

This questions are legit, since we haven't provided a progress report in some time.

The thing is that Lion is still  working on the Bronycon Documentary.   I cannot tell you what content he is been producing, but I maybe can tell that  the ammount of animation  kept increasing, that is something normal in production lines.

This is the reason for which we have been silent for months. 

I progressed the video as far as I could, modified backgrounds, reviewed effects, did extras from our wishlist... etc and now I reached the maximal point of progress on my side. I cannot do any more unless I get more animation clips, for which I need to wait, since Lion's plate is full.

 This is the exact reason for which we didn't wanted to give any deadlines to this project. Because we are aiming for max quality (it is a portfolio piece, after all), so we cannot rush it or seek extra help, since the point of this is to test and show what we can do, and use it as a sample, and it cannot be but our work.

Of course, we are gonna finish it, we have been working as hard as we can, consulting external help, improving shots,  correcting as much as we can, and solving problems as they appear. 

I could tell you that I did two multi-card parallax shots, increased the size of one background, added one extra global light effect, reviewed the tweens and found an alternate method that makes it look better,  I also corrected some of the color keys, and found a new composition rule, other than the golden section that will help to modify some scenes.  But that kind of stuff is something that is hard to decifer if you are not on my worklog.

I thank you all for your patience and be so bold to ask you to wait a little longer. 


8 comments:

  1. Nice! keep up the good work :)
    I was hoping for this to be finished before Christmas but I don't mind lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go on, I've saw the previews and you're doing an outstanding job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got all the time you need! I'd prefer to see the final version years from now instead of watching how you give up perfection for the sake of someone's impatience. I'm sure the final effect will amaze us all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool that you're going to have animation in the "Bronies" documentary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a feeling Children of the Night is going to be cooler than the documentary XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe they were originally supposed to have that Brony Documentary FINISHED way back in September. I guess I shouldn't complain though, if it's going to have some kickass animation too. I'm sure it's worth the wait. And I just know CoTN will be worth the wait too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete