Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Music of the Night


Hello there everypony!


Tonight I am bringing you something really amazing.

Remember the music post that I made some time ago?  Well, some musical talented friends have sent us some amazing versions of "Come Little Children", so amazing, that it would be a shame not to share them!

So, with their permission, here I bring you some music of the night:

Let's start with this awesome orchestral version, the NIGHT WALTZ, by Wiimote-hero-iii in deviantart, my jaw hit the floor when I heard it.

Children of the Night Waltz

This other version has a very special feeling, mysterious and a notch more sad than the original one. I simply love it. It evoques a moment of loss, or at least, that is what I picture. This was submitted by a mysterious person called " The Waltzing Cat"


The,Waltzing Cat; Children of the night

And last, but not least, this super piano aarangement that  Chloe Quigley sent a while ago. It is way better than the one I did, and that is an inspiration.

Children of the Night, piano


I am still astounded by the generosity and spontaneity of  the fellow artists. What I love about music, is that each piece has a part of the author, expressing a different and unique feeling every time that makes me picture new stories when I listen anew. A gradious Waltz, a touching loss and an elegant and swifty piano huming.

I recall the WillyKit lullaby (new thundercats series) and I wonder if "Come Little Children" can be switched from sad  into happy. Maybe I should try next time. But before that, there is a video to finish.




13 comments:

  1. I fixed the "Children of the Night - Lullaby Waltz" to sound even better as i uploaded it unfinished last time, if you liked the first version i think this one will like you too, here you can find it http://snd.sc/PFg3ug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice arrangement. Now it has a flute that drives part of the melody. I shall edit the post later. :)

      Delete
  2. Spiritto, would it be possible to get a download link for the Waltzing Cat's version? It's my favourite one, but there's no link to get it =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. try clicking in the,waltzing cat's link and use the "Save page as" option in your browser's toolbar or you can right click in the link and select "save as..." as the links drives you to an .mp3 file being played by your browser and not actually a website like mine does.

      Delete
  3. someone should take all 3 vers and mux them they seem that they would blend well with the first and then put the vocal of Kate Covington on top of that i think it would turn out well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is going a little bit too experimental. I don't think four different tunes will blend well, it is like dropping everything on the cake mold.

      Delete
  4. When listening to the Waltzing Cat's version, the first thing that popped into my head was one of the children glancing into the distance, missing someone. That's the feeling I get, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I just found out about this, and I have to admit, I am not excited for the finished product. There is a certain beauty that storyboard animations hold that just can't be matched by anything else. Even the most amazing animations can be trumped by the simplicity and grace of a few neatly arranged scribbles moving to an audio clip. I've only ever seen one other, and it made my heart ache for more like it. Sadly, it got old after several dozen views. Now there is this, and it has even more grace and beauty than the first storyboard animation I saw, and I am finding myself detracting from other activities just to watch it over and over. I'm not going to ask you to not release the finished product, but I fear that if I watch it it may ruin it a little for me. Instead, I would greatly appreciate some assurance that the video up on YouTube now is not going anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI there!

      Nop, the animatic is there to stay. If you like it so much, there are ways to download it.

      We are going to finish the video and probably more. But the blog and Animatic will remain to let people see the progress after is complete. So don't worry, what you like won't go anywhere.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I watched some of the other things you have done, and I really like the Discord one. Is that going to be finished any time soon>

      Delete
  6. No guitar rendition? *Sad*

    http://darkaudacity.deviantart.com/art/Children-of-the-Night-Acoustic-Guitar-Tabs-320989600

    In a streak of boredom I managed to put something together that might amend this. Let me just say that this song was never meant for guitar, but it does feel very reminiscent of the renaissance.

    Good luck with the animation!
    I know how finicky Flash can get sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I see that name, "The Waltzing Cat," and hear that haunting version of the song, I can't help but think of Macha from .hack//SIGN. Is it me, or does this sound just a little bit…familiar? ;)

    (edited to include reference to character in question)

    ReplyDelete