Saturday, August 18, 2012

Looking for a voice actress


Hello Everypony!

We are presently looking for a voice actress for "Children of the Night".
She will be voicing a cheerful, yet tired mare.(adult Gari is telling us the story, reading a dusty old book in candelight, the moment is solem, and full of the memories and emotion of an eternal "child". (Think a little bit of the Childlike empress from "The Neverending Story").


Here you have some examples of how she generally behaves and interacts:




If you are interested, please, send a voice demo with the following phrases to

yodevorogintonics@gmail.com

"One day, the youngest one, sadened by our daily struggles,  proposed to form a new colony where all of us would grow strong and happy(this said with actual excitement).  But the eldest one forbid it."

What we are looking for is someone who can really pull off a good acting and build a character through her voice. Good recording equipment will be a must, because we cannot really work with something from a mono microphone with low quality and the average sound problems.

In order to keep this agile,I plan to listen to audtions for a week and then make a decission to pick which would fit best.

The chosen candidate will be announced on the blog as soon as we find the voice we are looking for.

If you have a nice voice and want to be part of the project, we would love to hear you!


Spiritto

16 comments:

  1. Oh yay! You really are gonna do it!

    Love it. I wish I had the right stuff so I could try too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI there! If you are on Skype I can show you the plans for Gari's scene. I would like to gather your opinion about the character. After all, Gari is from your own pen!. :)

      Delete
    2. yes hi i was wondering if you found anyone for the tomboy

      Delete
  2. Wow, this seems cool. I'll give it a shot if I can find my mic :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like it falls up my ally. I'll give it a shot =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be recording tomorrow O.O everything else can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this project so much. Of course i will take a swing at getting involved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't provide a female voice, but I wish you luck in your search for one. I'm sure there are many talented people watching your progress who would be happy to offer their skills.

    I have one teensy tiny little suggestion about the line you have up there. Since there are only TWO princesses, it would make more grammatical sense to say "younger" and "elder", instead of "youngest" and "eldest". Just a little bit of feedback there. Sorry if I sound like the grammar police. ^^;;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are there only two? Cadance and Blueblood had to come from somewhere, so you have a 50/50 shot they have at least one more sister.

      Delete
    2. Celestia and Luna are indeed the only two we know about. They form the dual yin/yang dynamic. Unless we see other characters, there's no reason to refer to them, even implicitly.

      Delete
  7. Sending you guys something.

    -Erika/Blue

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be throwing my hat into the ring~<3 Hopefully I can record tonight. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Conctact Rina-chan. According to her FAQ, if it's not-for-profit pony work then she'll likely donate her services.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck to all the participants! May the best Brony win <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not fantastic at voice acting but I'll toss my attempt into the fray.

    ReplyDelete