Monday, June 25, 2012

I'll Show Thee the Way

Hello everyone!  Lionheart typing...

We did quite a nice amount of work today!  Plus I managed to finish an extra shot pertaining to Luna. It's the shot we refer to as 'Shot 8' where she makes a dive towards the camera.  Below is how as saw the sweet midnight-colored alicorn making sure nothing was out of place.


With our already pre-established work setup the background was already painted by the time I got to the shot and thanks to that, once Luna was animated and ready to take off, only the effects and ambiance was left to add over the rendered frames.

What you see above is the composited shot which I rendered to make sure I was not cheated by the editing program's compressed preview.  So much work went into a character that is small on the screen.  but I figured: Never underdo it.  Never give it up!

The list of things to do keep going down and the amount that's put together as final keeps going up.  We're well on our way to finishing and I'm.. I mean WE are quite proud of what it gives so far :)

Stay tuned, we'll update as regularly as we can!

Lion, Signing off.

18 comments:

  1. Wow, yeah, you must be very proud. Keep doing an awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes, I'm still blown away by the backgrounds! Dare I say its even better than StudioB/DHX quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're not aiming to blow anyone out of the water here but we are trying to do something that has a little more ambience.. seeing as it's playing to a song and all :)

      Delete
  3. This is like one of those things you feel are too good to be true. This is seriously amazing work, guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) We do the best we can ^^

      Delete
  4. I'm just curious if this pic is from your work. It look suspiciously so. http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5o5g2SpXI1qkaynko1_1280.png

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lion here and yes, it's from my DA page. I was reduced but otherwise unaltered as my signature and copyright info on the image are still there :)

      I would not put art online without knowing something like that is bound to happen from time to time.. As long as that person is not claiming the art as their own or doing any major modifications to it I'm ok with that :)

      Delete
    2. Oh no, I'm not reporting it or anything. I saw it on a recent Drawfriend on EqD. Noticed the art with the signature and was simply wondering if it was yours.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you very much! We are working our spines out here, but it is worth it. :)

      Delete
  6. so what all is it supposed to be?

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're all REALLY looking forward to this. But don't sacrifice quality to rush it. I always say, 'Never give up what you want most, for what you want now.' I've watched the animatic like 10 times. Just please be sure to not abandon this project. That would break my (our) heart(s).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be perfectly honest, we haven't sacrified one bit of quality, au contraire! we have boosted it since we posted the animatic by giving an extra "ommmmmph!" to the aniamtion and FX.

      I also correct any mistake that I can spot in the scenarios.

      Delete
  8. I really enjoy your brilliant work from youtube link (When Luna sang the song, my eyes went wet...). I look forward to watching your awesome products. Best wishes for your work and health. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need some clarifications, in the animatic video Luna apers to be dropping the foals to their deaths. Is this true?

    ReplyDelete
  10. you guys inspire a lot of artists. you guys inspire me as well. keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete